The Communist Party of Ireland is a voluntary organisation comprised of those who are prepared to work for the achievement of a united, independent, socialist Ireland. If this sounds like a programme that interests you, we want to hear from you.
We aspire to be a working school of revolutionary Marxism. Organic links are forged between the various parts of the organisation and among individual members by day-to-day collective work in the Party organisations.
Members play an active role in the Party, their workplaces, unions and communities across the 32 counties of Ireland. Whilst some organisations value large but inactive memberships, membership of the Communist Party of Ireland is an active commitment which entails certain obligations:
- To play an active part in the discussion and formulation of Party policy and the promotion of activities;
- To play an active part in the working-class movement and being a member of their appropriate trade unions, tenants’ and residents’ associations, professional bodies and other mass organisations of the people;
- To read party publications and assisting in their circulation;
- To struggle against all manifestations of male chauvinism and discrimination against women and to fight for the full social, political and economic equality of women;
- To struggle against all manifestations of national chauvinism, racism, and religious sectarianism;
- To struggle against all manifestations of bigotry and discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender and to fight for the full social, political and economic equality of LGBT+ people.
If you are interested in membership or have any inquiries about the Party please don’t hesitate to contact us through the form below.